Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner ANCC-PMHNP-BC Exam Study Material
The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) offers the Adult Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner-Board Certified (PMHNP BC) certification on passing the ANCC-PMHNP-BC exam. The candidates who hold this psychiatric nurse practitioner certification have the required knowledge, skills, and practical experience in the Nursing field to provide effective patient care. This Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner is a 5-year validity certification that can be renewed by meeting the requirements on its expiration after 5 years. The Accreditation Board for Specialty Nursing Certification is the credentialing center for the PMHNP-BC certification.
About the Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) Exam
This Psychiatric Mental Health exam is a 3.5-hour long session that includes 175 questions to be answered. 150 out of these 175 questions are scored items and the other 25 are unscored for a pretest purpose. However, after April 28th, 2023 the psychiatric nurse practitioner exam will be updated and will include a total of 150 questions to be answered in 3 hours of which 125 will be scored questions and 25 will be unscored for pretesting purposes.
The ANCC-PMHNP-BC exam is a computer-based online testing (CBT) that can be delivered at Prometric Test Centers. Candidates are allowed a total of 3 attempts in a year. This mental health nurse practitioner (PMHNP BC) exam has different pricing criteria for different members.
- Non-members – $395
- American Nurses Association Members – $295
- American Association of Nurse Practitioner Members – $340
- American Association of Nurse Practitioner Student Members – $290
- American Psychiatric Nurse Association Members – $220
- International Society of Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurses Members – $340
- Gerontological Advanced Practice Nurses Association (GAPNA) Members – $340
Additional charges can also be applied for special services however, the retest fee costs $270. The PMHNP exam covers the following topics mentioned in their weightage to appear in the ANCC-AGPCNP-BC exam.
- Scientific Foundation – 20%
- Advanced Practice Skills – 25%
- Diagnosis and Treatment – 25%
- Psychotherapy and Related Theories – 15%
- Ethical and Legal Principles – 15%
Prepare the PMHNP BC Exam with Certsgrade
Certsgrade offers some unique preparation strategies for this certification exam. Exam details highlight the subject areas in Certsgrade courses. Moreover, the Certsgrade ANCC-PMHNP-BC study guide, practice test, and ANCC-PMHNP-BC PDF dumps are a luxury for exam preparation. Behind its back, Certsgrade works with a team of highly skilled ANCC-certified professionals to generate quality content for their candidates.
Certsgrade offers the ANCC-PMHNP-BC practice exam and ensures practical learning to help candidates understand the real exam environment. It is also recommended by many professionals who have already used their services and passed this exam. It also offers a 100% money-back guarantee to registered students in case of any inconvenience. More testing features included in this course are ANCC-PMHNP-BC dumps, ANCC-PMHNP-BC exam questions and answers, and a demo of the course to help students in making final purchases.
Course Content for ANCC PMHNP BC Exam
The ANCC Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner exam covers a wide range of topics related to mental health and psychiatric care. The following is a list of the major topics that are typically covered on the exam:
- Psychiatric Assessment and Diagnosis
- Neurobiology and Psychopharmacology
- Psychotherapeutic Modalities
- Treatment Planning and Evaluation
- Crisis Intervention and Management
- Addictions and Substance Use Disorders
- Eating Disorders
- Personality Disorders
- Schizophrenia and Other Psychotic Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Trauma and Stressor-Related Disorders
- Sexual and Gender Identity Disorders
- Special Populations (e.g., children, adolescents, older adults)
In conclusion, this IT course provides a comprehensive overview of the latest technologies and industry best practices. We hope you found it useful. Keep learning and growing! Connect with us on: